Information about a wide range of topics about the early European settlement of Christchurch and Canterbury. For Māori history of Canterbury go to Tī Kōuka Whenua.
- Early Christchurch — a brief history
- The pioneering Deans family
- Edward Gibbon Wakefield and the New Zealand Company
- Kemp’s Deed
- Captain Joseph Thomas and the streets of Christchurch
- The first four ships
- John Robert Godley and the founding of Canterbury
Canterbury Agricultural and Pastoral Association — The Show goes on…
- Grand November Show : to be held in the grounds of the Association, Colombo Street, Christchurch The programme for the Canterbury Agricultural and Pastoral Association’s exhibition 1886.
- Different thinkers in Christchurch and Canterbury: Elsie Locke, Ettie Rout, Thomas Edmonds and Alexander Bickerton.
- Early rugby in Christchurch
Famous early women
- Lady Barker and station life in Canterbury
- Kate Sheppard and votes for women!
- Nurse Maude and nursing in Christchurch
- Lady Wigram and the Lady Wigram Trophy
Famous early men
- James Edward Fitzgerald and the newspapers
- William Sefton Moorhouse and the Tunnel
- Dr Barker Photographs Christchurch
- Thomas Edmonds