Find computer related news and information in areas such as hardware, software, electronics, engineering, communications and the application of technology.
Gale OneFile: Computer Science provides access to leading business and technical publications in the computer, telecommunications, and electronics industries. The eResource includes computer-related product introductions, news and reviews in areas such as hardware, software, electronics, engineering, communications, and the application of technology. You can search in a variety of ways including:
- Basic search by keyword, subject or publication;
- Advanced search with numerous options to limit or expand your search;
- A subject guide search - this is best for searching a single topic and offers the ability to narrow that topic by subdivisions. It’s also helpful for discerning between words with different meanings (e.g.Mars – planet or chocolate company?);
- Publication search;
- Topic Finder — see topics that commonly occur in relation to your search term to expand your thinking and find hidden connections;
- Popular articles and popular trending topics is also a useful way to see what is of current interest in the World.
Gale OneFile: Computer Science includes indexing, abstracts and full-text articles from more than 800 journals, from Computerworld, eWeek and Wired to PC Magazine, PC World and Computer Weekly, covering the complete range of fields related to technology.
Integration with Google and Microsoft
Gale Cengage has integrated this eResource with Google and Microsoft. At the top of each page there is an option to sign in. If you have an account for Google you can save Gale content as Google docs into Google Drive or Google Classroom accounts. If you have a Microsoft account you can store, sync and share downloaded Gale content to your OneDrive account and easily transfer downloaded OneDrive content for use in other Microsoft tools like OneNote and Classroom.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try Safari Tech Books Online.