Offers more than five million articles from more than 250 major cooking and nutrition magazines, as well as book reference content.
This resource is suitable for the novice, the student and the professional chef. Coverage includes thousands of searchable recipes, nutritional advice, industry information and practical instruction, including:
- Preparing popular recipes;
- Choosing the right wine;
- Practical advice on opening a restaurant;
- Developing healthy eating habits.
You can search in a variety of ways including:
- Basic search by keyword, subject or publication;
- Advanced search with numerous options to limit or expand your search;
- A subject guide search - this is best for searching a single topic and offers the ability to narrow that topic by subdivisions. It’s also helpful for discerning between words with different meanings (e.g.Mars – planet or chocolate company?);
- Publication search;
- Topic Finder — see topics that commonly occur in relation to your search term to expand your thinking and find hidden connections;
- Popular articles and popular trending topics is also a useful way to see what is of current interest in the World.
The Gale OneFile: Culinary Arts includes over 300 major cooking and nutrition magazines as well as reference content. Titles include:
- Vegetarian times;
- About wine;
- Better Nutrition;
- Food Magazine.
Integration with Google and Microsoft
Gale Cengage has integrated this eResource with Google and Microsoft. At the top of each page there is an option to sign in. If you have an account for Google you can save Gale content as Google docs into Google Drive or Google Classroom accounts. If you have a Microsoft account you can store, sync and share downloaded Gale content to your OneDrive account and easily transfer downloaded OneDrive content for use in other Microsoft tools like OneNote and Classroom.