Collection of scholarly journals and general interest titles that covers everything from art and literature to economics and the sciences.
Gale Academic OneFile Select provides access to scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers across disciplines. The eResource meets research needs in all subject areas including the arts and humanities, social sciences, and science and technology. You can search in a variety of ways including:
- Basic search by keyword, subject or publication;
- Advanced search with numerous options to limit or expand your search;
- A subject guide search - this is best for searching a single topic and offers the ability to narrow that topic by subdivisions. It’s also helpful for discerning between words with different meanings (e.g.Mars – planet or chocolate company?);
- Publication search;
- Topic Finder — see topics that commonly occur in relation to your search term to expand your thinking and find hidden connections;
- Popular articles and popular trending topics is also a useful way to see what is of current interest in the World.
- Discipline-specific titles such as ABA Banking Journal and Kai Tiaki: Nursing New Zealand;
- Area- and issue-specific journals such as Canadian Ethnic Studies Journal, Pacific Ecology, Contemporary Pacific, Lancet and Australian Aboriginal Studies;
- Publications with a cross-disciplinary perspective, such as the International Social Science Review;
- National news magazines and newspapers, such as Newsweek and The New York Times;
- A range of magazines, such as Billboard, Computer Weekly, Publishers Weekly and Sports Illustrated.