A searchable collection of electronic reference books on the Treaty of Waitangi from leading thinkers on this foundational document.
The Treaty of Waitangi Collection brings together leading thinking on this foundational document, including works by acclaimed scholars such as Claudia Orange, Judith Binney, Vincent O’Malley, Alan Ward and Aroha Harris. This Collection is a living resource backed by a long-term vision for Treaty scholarship into the twenty-ﬁrst century.
The Treaty of Waitangi Collection from Bridget Williams Books (BWB) is a ‘living resource’ with the editorial team actively seeking out new works to be added to the collection. This includes out of print titles that will be digitized due to subscriptions to this eResource. A selection of titles already part of this eResource include:
- I Shall Not Die by James Belich;
- New Myths and Old Politics: The Waitangi Tribunal and the Challenge of Tradition by Tipene O’Regan;
- Parihaka Invaded by Dick Scott;
- Tangata Whenua: A History by Atholl Anderson, Judith Binney and Aroha Harris;
- The Treaty of Waitangi by Claudia Orange.
The Treaty of Waitangi Collection platform has:
- Optimised viewing for mobile and tablet devices and on any modern web browser;
- Full text searching through individual or multiple titles;
- Automatic citations within the reading environment.
- The Dictionary of New Zealand Biography embedded throughout the books thanks to a partnership with the Ministry for Culture and Heritage;
- High resolution illustrations some of which are directly linked to Digital New Zealand for more detail.