Our theme for June is wintry, but it also brings a new start. Matariki – the Māori New Year – arrives at the end of the month. Explore what is happening at your libraries, and keep stocked up on library resources for those cold indoor days. You might want to book your kids and teens into KidsFest on next month - it always books out quickly!
Linwood Library at Eastgate. Friday 25 July 2014. Flickr 2014-07-25- IMG_0769
Our Māori resources include:
- Tī Kōuka Whenua - a guide to places and people of Ōtautahi’s Māori heritage
- Te Whata Raki - an online Māori world for kids.
Get some hot reading tips for inside days:
- Read posts on our blog
- Subscribe to our newsletters
- Browse our booklists
- Check out our new titles
- Visit our books and reading page for more.
NZ Book Month photo competition winner 2012. Photo by Danielle Rutter. Flickr CCL-2012-DSCF1531
We have some images of winter and Matariki.
Riccarton Mill in a snowy July 1895, CCL PhotoCD 4, IMG0018
More winter stuff
What happened in June
Our timeline of historic Christchurch events.
Get the latest news from Christchurch City Libraries
- Follow us on Twitter @ChristchurchLib;
- Like us on Facebook;
- Use our RSS feeds — they cover a wide variety of newly available and updated material;
- Subscribe to our newsletters to find out about what’s new and what’s hot;
- You can also ask us your question online, or email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org
About our website themes
Each month we connect you with library resources and local events. We also dig out some of the gems in our collection that reflect the vibrant and diverse aspects of life in Christchurch.
Next month’s theme
In July our theme is Creating - Waihanga.