Yay – holidays! The only problem with the holidays is figuring out what to do, so we’re here to help fight boredom with the BIGGEST list of ideas. You can help us add to the list as well by telling us what you’re doing.
- Go to the library. You can get books to read when you’re wrapped up warm inside, DVDs to watch on a rainy day, audiobooks to listen to in the car, plus heaps more. Find out where your closest library is.
- Download some eBooks, eAudiobooks or look at out other free eResources for kids like Busy Things or TumbleBook Library.
- Walk around the Botanic Gardens and have fun in amongst the trees. There are lots of great places to hide or you could have a leaf fight.
- Go to your local park and play on the playground or have a game with your friends. Take a ball or a frisbee and use up all your energy.
- Go swimming at one of the Christchurch City Council pools.
- Play some board games or card games with your friends and family. You can even make your own and challenge your friends.
- Write a story or a poem and send it through to us and we could publish it on the blog.
- Bake something yummy like a cake or some biscuits. Check out our books on baking, opens a new window.
- Learn a new skill like magic, juggling, skateboarding or knitting.
- Go to some great FREE events in the library, opens a new window and learning centres, opens a new window,
If you have any other cool ideas, especially ones that are free, add a comment and let us know!