The work of John Psathas, Philip Dadson, Jack Body, Gillian Whitehead, Douglas Lilburn, Annea Lockwood and Dan Poynton features in the critically acclaimed You hit him he cry out, opens a new window.
Their music is performed with passion and subtlety, and for all their sonic diversity, these seven pieces (played on or in the piano) together comprise an emotional and very appealing debut album. It won the Best Classical Album at the 1998 New Zealand Music Awards.
The album features:
- Waiting for the aeroplane by John Psathas, opens a new window
- Five melodies by Jack Body, opens a new window
- Sisters dance by Philip Dadson, opens a new window
- Lullaby for Matthew by Gillian Whitehead, opens a new window
- Sonatina #2 by Douglas Lilburn, opens a new window
- Nga iwi e by Dan Poynton, opens a new window
- Red Mesa by Annea Lockwood, opens a new window