Access to a comprehensive online resource addressing environmental concerns.
Environmental Studies and Policy Collection provides access to scholarly journals, magazines, and other reference sources covering environmental issues and policies. The eResource includes diverse perspectives from the scientific community, governmental policymakers, and corporate interests. You can search in a variety of ways including:
- Basic search by keyword, subject or publication;
- Advanced search with numerous options to limit or expand your search;
- A subject guide search - this is best for searching a single topic and offers the ability to narrow that topic by subdivisions. It’s also helpful for discerning between words with different meanings (e.g.Mars – planet or chocolate company?);
- Publication search;
- Topic Finder — see topics that commonly occur in relation to your search term to expand your thinking and find hidden connections;
- Popular articles and popular trending topics is also a useful way to see what is of current interest in the World.
This eResource will be of use to environmentalists, policy makers, educators, students, geologists and engineers with answers to environmentally related inquires. It also allows access to perspectives from the scientific community, governmental policy makers, and corporate interests on environmental issues. Journal titles include:
- Pacific Ecologist;
- Environmental Hazards;
- Journal of Environmental Education;
Integration with Google and Microsoft
Gale Cengage has integrated this eResource with Google and Microsoft. At the top of each page there is an option to sign in. If you have an account for Google you can save Gale content as Google docs into Google Drive or Google Classroom accounts. If you have a Microsoft account you can store, sync and share downloaded Gale content to your OneDrive account and easily transfer downloaded OneDrive content for use in other Microsoft tools like OneNote and Classroom.