Access to an online collection of animated books which teach kids the joy of reading. Also included are games, quizzes, videos and puzzles.
TumbleBooks are created by adding animation, sound, music and narration to existing books in order to produce an electronic book. TumbleBook Library offers:
- Story Books - you can sit back and listen or read along at your own speed to these old and new favourites;
- TumblePuzzles and Games - online puzzles, concentration games and spelling games;
- Graphic novels including Geronimo Stilton;
- Math stories - more fun than it sounds!;
- Chapter Books - these combine adjustable text and colour with complete narration and sentence by sentence highlighting;
- Nonfiction books - titles like: Animals in Camouflage and Who Likes The Rain?;
- Videos - where topics such as science, animals and geography are discussed.
TumbleBooks are designed to be experienced in either automatic or manual mode. In automatic mode, the pages turn by themselves and are narrated. In manual mode, the narration is turned off and children turn the pages at their own speed.
The pause button stops the story at any time in order to practice story prediction, interpret pictures, discuss new words or encourage problem solving.
The TumbleBook Library is a fantastic resource for those who are reading independently but also provides support to students who require skill building. It can be used in ESOL and special education areas as well.
If you just want to play games try: BusyThings