Access to hundreds of electronic reference books covering virtually any subject, including health, business, careers, history, literature, biography, science, travel and more.
Libraries have always had reference collections that are not allowed to leave the library — until now. This eResource allows you to:
- Search one electronic reference book or search across the entire collection;
- Browse a title’s table of contents, index or a list of illustrations;
- View eBooks in a one or two page view creating an interactive book experience;
- Limit search results by publication date, subject or reading level;
- Print, email and download articles in a variety of formats including HTML and PDF;
- Listen to articles and then download them to your MP3 player.
Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) combines the convenience of an online search engine with the accuracy and authority of a 50 year publishing legacy. Titles include:
- Encyclopedia of Buddhism;
- Encyclopedia of Occultism and Parapsychology;
- Fashion, Costume, and Culture;
- Gale Encyclopedia of Surgery and Medical Tests;
- World War II Reference Library.
Integration with Google and Microsoft
Gale Cengage has integrated this eResource with Google and Microsoft. At the top of each page there is an option to sign in. If you have an account for Google you can save Gale content as Google docs into Google Drive or Google Classroom accounts. If you have a Microsoft account you can store, sync and share downloaded Gale content to your OneDrive account and easily transfer downloaded OneDrive content for use in other Microsoft tools like OneNote and Classroom.
If you found this eResource useful you should also look at Credo Reference.