Date of birth: 1 June 1960
Place of birth: Feilding
Now living in: Tauranga
- What is your favourite food?
- Fresh fish straight from the sea.
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- Walking down Lambton Quay with my skirt tucked in... past a building site.
- How do you relax?
- Work in the garden.
- Who inspired you when you were little?
- My father and some of my teachers.
- What were you like at school?
- Average. I loved sport, especially tennis.
- What was your favourite/most hated subject at school?
- My favourite subject was biology and my most hated was chemistry because boys back then liked to throw acid around!
- What was the book you most loved as a child?
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
- Which person from the past would you most like to meet?
- Any of the great men/women from the Bible.
- Who is your favourite author/children’s author?
- Johanna Spyri
- Why did you want to be a writer?
- To foster a love of reading in children and to write real life stories that children can relate to.
- What’s the best thing and worst thing about being a writer?
- The best thing is that I can be creative and take the story in any direction that I decide, and the worst is that at times it can be difficult to think of what to write next.
- If you weren’t a writer, what would you like to be?
- Maybe a flower grower or florist.
- What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
- Write down your childhood experiences from a young age - you might want to use them one day. Also read lots of books and take advice from other more experienced authors.
This interview is from 2015.