Find information in a wide range of subjects in 11 databases from the Online Computer Library Centre (OCLC).
The Online Computer Library Centre (OCLC) FirstSearch service allows you to cross search or search individually the below resources:
- ArticleFirst — an index of items from the content pages of journals;
- ClasePeriodica — an index of Latin American journals in the sciences and humanities;
- eBooks — a catalog of online electronic books available through libraries worldwide;
- ECO — a collection of scholarly journals;
- ERIC — an index of journal articles and reports in education;
- GPO — an index of U.S. Government publications;
- MEDLINE — includes indexes for all areas of medicine, including dentistry and nursing. Also includes thousands of records with substantial abstracts;
- PapersFirst — an index of papers presented at conferences worldwide;
- Proceedings — an index of world wide conference proceedings;
- WorldAlmanac — an index of Funk & Wagnalls New Encyclopædia and four almanacs;
- WorldCat — a catalog of books and other materials in libraries worldwide.
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. (OCLC) is a "nonprofit computer library service and research organization dedicated to the purposes of furthering access to the world’s information and reducing information costs" based in the United States. FirstSearch is part of its public web-based services. FirstSearch aims to help connect users to the information they need, whether it’s available in our collection or in the collections of other libraries around the world.