The unsurpassed authority on all aspects of art from pre-history to present day.
Through the Oxford Art Online gateway, users can access the vast content of Grove Art Online and other Oxford art reference titles in one location. A subscription to Grove Art Online includes access to the full text of The Dictionary of Art, The Oxford Companion to Western Art, The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms, and the Encyclopedia of Aesthetics in Oxford Reference, as well as articles and bibliographies available exclusively online.
Grove Art Online is a living resource, with scholars and specialists from around the world continually reviewing and updating existing content and contributing new articles. In addition to the vast number of entries on the visual arts, Grove Art features a host of exceptional learning resources that organize the content for use in art and art history classrooms, making Grove Art an essential source for scholars and students alike.
- Search thousands of signed articles on every aspect of the visual arts for comprehensive coverage.
- Over 6,000 searchable images and 40,000 editorially-selected image links
- Enhance research and classroom teaching with learning resources and timelines
- Learn complex terms and concepts with the Encyclopedia of Aesthetics, The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms, and The Oxford Companion to Western Art
- Regular updates keep you up to date on the most current thinking by top scholars