The definitive source for music scholarship.
Grove Music Online, available on the Oxford Music Online Platform, is the leading resource for music research. This comprehensive resource draws from the full texts of
- The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians (2 ed.),
- The New Grove Dictionary of Opera,
- The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz (2 ed.)
This includes new and updated articles and bibliographies exclusively available online. Featuring over 60,000 articles from Bach to Beyoncé, Grove Music Online is the go-to resource for students and scholars alike.
Grove Music Online is a living resource, with scholars and specialists from around the world continually reviewing and updating existing content, and contributing new articles.
- A responsive design, enabling seamless access across different formats
- Searching using a query builder, helping users get straight to the content they need
- Expanded and redesigned taxonomy that better reflects needs of current scholarship and the
dictionaries’ global scope
- Social media integration, so users can share content across channels
- Searching across multimedia, as well as articles, making it easier to find different types of content