This page has information on skiing, ice, and snow sports in Canterbury — from ski clubs to snowboarding as well as resources on snow sports and mountain safety.
Browse our catalogue
Find resources including DVDs, books, and magazines:
- Skis and skiing
- Skiing in New Zealand
- Skiing magazines
- Winter sports
- Ice skaters - fiction
- Ice hockey
Clubs and organisations
Our Internet Gateway lists ski clubs and ski areas websites.
Ski areas and snow conditions
- Snow Reports
- Lists snow conditions in club and commercial fields around Canterbury.
- Weather for mountains and national parks.
- Guide to ski areas in New Zealand. Includes club, commercial and heliski information.
- The Mountain Safety Council
- Offers training programmes and advice.
- Latest advisories on avalanche risk in New Zealand’s mountain areas. From the New Zealand Mountain Safety Council.
- Snow at NZ On Screen
- Snow collects together titles celebrating the scenic, recreational and spiritual call of New Zealand’s mountains. The collection features everything from ski ballet, Middle Earth glaciers and mountain parrots, to polar ice-fishing.
- Snow days
- A brief history of snow in Christchurch.
- Winter and snow photos
- View our snow, winter and Matariki images.