Daresbury Rookery, 67 Fendalton Road, Christchurch: Picturing Canterbury

  Daresbury Rookery, 67 Fendalton Road, Christchurch [ca. 1902]. This photograph shows Daresbury, a 50-room house on 25 acres, designed by S. Hurst Seager and built between 1897 and 1901 for George Humphreys (1848 or 9-1934), co-founder of the wine and spirits merchants Fletcher Humphries. Until 1945 the property was called Daresbury Rookery because of a…
View More about Daresbury Rookery, 67 Fendalton Road, Christchurch: Picturing Canterbury

Open air classrooms opened at Fendalton Primary School – This week in History 24-30 July

The first open air classroom at Fendalton Primary School was officially opened on the 26th of July 1924 by Mr E.H. Andrews, a member of the Canterbury Education Board. Professor Shelley, who was Professor of Education at Canterbury College, also gave an opening address encouraging the school and committee to continue the project. This first…
View More about Open air classrooms opened at Fendalton Primary School – This week in History 24-30 July
1 - 4 of 4