Access hundreds of popular eMagazines covering a range of subjects. These magazines are replicas of their print version. Includes New Zealand titles.
Zinio for Libraries covers all areas of human interest including technology, art, style, politics, travel and more. We have everything from the Economist, Vogue and New Scientist to OK, Hello and Kerrang! The eMagazines are replicas of current print editions, including editorial content, graphics and advertising. To access this service please follow the instructions below.
Please note: Some publishers may choose to cease delivering an eMagazine title via Zinio. Please check our catalogue record for an explanation if you can’t find the latest edition of a title you may have previously downloaded.
To get set up you will need:
- Your library card and password / PIN (if using Zinio for Libraries outside one of our libraries).
An account created using your email address & password
N.B. if you already subscribe to magazines via Zinio you can use the same account - just make sure you use the same log in details in your RBdigital account.
First time user
Create your account.
- Visit our RBdigital Gateway and click on the
Create New Accountlink (top right).
- Fill in your details and click create account.
- You are now ready to borrow library titles for free. To do this follow the next section.
- Browse and find a title that interests you and click on then on
- You will be given the option to be emailed the next time an issue of your eMagazine becomes available. You can amend these emails under preferences.
- To view a list of all the eMagazines you have downloaded hit "My Collection" to the top right of the page. Your eMagazines can be arranged by check out date and issue date.
How to download and read your magazine
You can download an eMagazine and read it straight away on any mobile device or computer.
For a richer experience, and reading offline, you can download a Zinio app for your mobile or Zinio Reader 4 for your computer - either PC or Mac.
Zinio Reader 4
This allows easier storage of back issues, organisation of titles and even the ability to remember where you were in an article.
There are two Zinio apps:
Zinio for Libraries app – use this if you only want to see eMagazine titles that are free from your library. It is a cleaner interface.
Zinio app - use this is if you would like to be able to buy eMagazines from Zinio.com as well as access our free Zinio for Libraries titles. If you already have a Zinio.com account you may already be using this.
Remember the app is only for reading checked out magazines. All check-outs need to be made through your Zinio for Libraries' collection account through an internet enabled browser.
Once checked out your magazines will be available to download/read simultaneously from Zinio.com and in any Zinio apps that you have linked to your Zinio for Libraries' collection account.