How we can help you: Use the library from home
If you have a condition that affects your ability to visit the library, we can help. Get a concession membership and you can access:
Agreed Support: If you currently have a condition restricting your access to visiting the library, or from selecting items from the library, you may request that library staff regularly select these for you, and make them available for either you or your elected courier to collect.
Tokona te Kaika: Home link is a service supporting people who are housebound, either temporarily or permanently through a major illness, disability, accident or advancement of years; and have no ready access to transport or person to collect their books from a library. A librarian will choose up to ten titles every four weeks and deliver them to your home.
You are entitled to Concession Membership if you:
- have a condition that restricts your use of the library (a medical certificate, letter from a specialist or other verification of the condition may be required).
- live permanently in Banks Peninsula and use Akaroa and Little River Libraries to pick up holds. Proof of address may be required.
This means you can:
- Borrow books, magazines, talking books, DVDs and CDs from the general collection free of charge,
- Borrow most items for up to six weeks,
- Place holds on items free of charge.
Tokona te Kaika - Home Link
Tokona te Kaika is a service for people who:
- Are housebound, either temporarily or permanently through a major illness, disability, accident or advancement of years; and
- Have no ready access to transport or a person to collect their books from a library.
A librarian will choose up to ten titles every four weeks and deliver them to your home. You can also have a Book a Librarian session in your home to help you connect to our vast array of eResources and navigate our website.
Please contact our Fingertip Library on 03 9417923 to find out more.