Find the health information you need in our books, magazines, eResources and evaluated web sites. Search our resources for information about diseases, medical conditions, medicines, treatments, local health professionals, healthy living and more.
- Overviews and definitions
- Search for overviews and explanations of medical conditions, diseases and treatments.
- In-depth health information
- Locate in-depth health information on your topic.
- Latest articles and research
- Search for magazine and newspaper articles, and research on health topics and issues.
- Medicines and treatments
- Search for information on prescription and non-prescription drugs and other treatments.
- Complementary and alternative medicine
- Search for information on complementary and alternative medicines and therapies.
- Diseases in the news
- Information and resources about epidemics and specific diseases that have been in the news.
- Health topics
- Information and resources about specific health and body topics such as diet, stopping smoking, and food allergies.
- Health eResources
- Browse our health and medicine eResources
Reading in mind: A mental health book scheme
The Reading in Mind mental health book scheme offers the community an additional resource for managing and treating mild to moderate mental health issues through providing recommended books on a range of mental health issues like anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and worry.
Reading in Mind was developed through a collaboration between Pegasus Health, Christchurch City Libraries and the Mental Health Education Resource Centre, and HealthInfo Canterbury/Waitaha. Find out more about Reading in Mind.