Our science pages highlight animals, astronomy, geology, scientists, and more - with a focus on science for kids.
- Climate change
- New Zealand earth science and geology
- Snow in Christchurch and Canterbury
Environment and ecology
People in science
- Sir Donald Ward Beaven 1924 - 2009
- John Britten 1950 - 1995
- Charles Darwin 1809 - 1882
- Julius von Haast 1822 - 1887
- Colin Murdoch, 1929 - 2008
- Richard Pearse 1877 - 1953
- Ernest Rutherford 1871 - 1937
- Inventors and inventions
- Popular science reading guide Popular science takes science and makes it engaging and interesting to read for non-scientists. This guide recommends some great popular science titles and authors.
- Nobel Prizes includes science prizes in Physiology or Medicine, Physics and Chemistry.
- Royal Society Prizes for Science Books
- Inventors and Inventions
- Preparing for science fairs guide
- Find more science in the Kids' Homework Zone
- Putaiao / Hakarau – Science and Technology websites Links to online resources and websites about Māori science and technology
- Matariki websites - Links to online resources and websites about Matariki, Māori New Year and Māori astronomy.
- Rongoā Māori - Rongoā is the word for remedies that are created from natural plants and trees. Find resources about te Rongoā Māori.