It is free to join the library. You can join the library online or at a library.
- Application for membership form — English
- Application for membership form — Te Reo Māori
- Online application form
To join the library you need:
- Identification: either your passport or two (2) other forms of ID, preferably one with a photo-ID. If a child is joining, it is the parent / legal guardian that requires the ID.
- Proof of address (no more than 30 days old). This can be a letter from your bank, school, power or telephone company. Digital versions of these documents are also acceptable. If you do not have proof of address you can borrow 2 items. To continue your membership you must provide proof of address within 3 months. If a child is joining, it is the parent / legal guardian that requires the proof of address.
Te Reo Māori
- E taea ai te tono kia Noho Mema, me mātua tuku mai e koe ngā momo tautohu e whai ake nei:
- he taunakitanga tuakiri (he uruuru whenua, ētahi atu momo tautohutanga e rua rānei, ā, me ID whai whakaahua tētahi)
- he taunakitanga kāinga noho (pūkete hiko, pūkete waea, pēke rānei, he tauākī kia kaua e piki ake i te 30 ngā rā te tawhito).
- Tērā pea ka rerekē haere ēnei Here o te Noho Mema. Ka whakaaturia ngā Here hou i te paetukutuku o te Whare Pukapuka. Ka kīia kua whakamōhiotia koe mō ēnā rerekētanga, ka whakaae hoki koe kia herea koe e ngā Here hou, i a koe e noho mema ana.
Information for new library members
- If you lose your library card or it is stolen, please advise us as soon as possible by phoning 03-941-7923 or popping in to your local library. Please let us know if you move house or if any details change by phone, updating your contact details online, or visiting your local library.
- You can use your library card at any Christchurch City Library. Items can be issued from and/or returned to any library in our network.
- Most books can be borrowed for 28 days. You can renew your item once unless requested by another borrower. Borrowing periods vary for other items. You have 2 days grace for return on most items. Some materials incur charges to borrow e.g. Adult DVDs, talking books and others.
- If you supply your email address, we will send you a reminder 3 days before items are due. Charges of 70 cents per item per day will accrue for overdue items until they are returned.
- You can use your library card to access the internet (free of charge) on our computers in all our libraries. You can also use your own device in our libraries. Wi-Fi is free and no password is required.
- For full membership conditions, please refer to Conditions of membership.