Keep up to date with the latest titles and best picks.
Library Aware newsletters
See the world without ever leaving your favourite armchair in New Zealand! This list will bring you the best in travel writing, both classic and fresh, covering every corner of the globe.
Walk a mile in someone else's shoes--immerse yourself in the lives of the famous, the infamous, and the ever intriguing.
Find out what’s new and cool! We’ll suggest fun, fascinating fiction (plus great nonfiction,) for kids and tweens.
Whether fueled by magic or advanced technology, imagination is the engine of speculative fiction. This newsletter brings you the best of fantasy, science fiction, and everything in between.
Take a walk through the aisles of our general fiction section and discover a range of fascinating characters to engage and enlighten.
Do you prefer novels with period detail? Become part of history, without having to slop through the mud or face the guillotine yourself.
For those that like their history in-the-can, or not yet made, this list delivers the world.
Whether you wield a hammer, whisk, spade, or crochet hook, this newsletter will keep you busy with a constant stream of projects.
No equation, test tube, snowflake, or leaf is left unturned! Explore the wonder of our world with books that will capture your 'natural' curiosity.
Read the books that have been adapted into buzz-worthy movies and tv shows coming soon to a screen near you.
Looking for great picture books to share with the children in your life? You'll find books here that are sure to captivate the imaginations of kids ages 0-8.
All types of fiction for those who want to imagine different realities -- and nonfiction for those who are trying to understand ours! For high school readers age 14 and up.
Footsteps behind you. Conspiracy theories. Puddles of blood. Sound like a good day to you? This list has goosebumps to spare.
Manage your account
- To unsubscribe from an email newsletter that you are receiving simply click the "Manage Subscriptions" or "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the newsletter email.
- Uncheck the boxes next to the newsletter(s) you no longer wish to receive or if you don't want to receive any you can simply click the radio button at the bottom of the page to unsubscribe from all newsletters and updates.
- Then click the "Save My Email Preferences" button.
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link to click to confirm your subscription changes.
We send out regular newsletters to library members to let you know what is happening at our libraries.
- Thursday 1 September - What's on, Te Wiki o te reo Māori, and more
- Tuesday 7 June - Matariki, KidsFest, and more
- Wednesday 4 May - Big Bargain Book Sale Friday 13 and Saturday 14 May ... and more!
- Tuesday 1 March - No more library fines and Latest info on libraries
- Wednesday 1 December - Visiting the library at Orange in the COVID-19 Protection Framework
- Friday 15 October - Cantabrians urged to get vaccinated on Super Saturday
- Tuesday 7 September - Come and see us! Libraries reopening Thursday 9 September
- Friday 20 August - Libraries at Level 4 - Library from Home
- Friday 28 May - Matariki, KidsFest, School Holidays, and more
- Wednesday 10 March - Big Bargain Book Sale, OverDrive eMagazines, and more
- Monday 7 December - Summertime Reading Challenge, Holiday hours, Best of 2020, and more
- Friday 3 July - Libraries at Level 1, Matariki, KidsFest, and more
- Thursday 14 May - Come & see us! Libraries are reopening on Friday 15 May & Monday 18 May
- Wednesday 29 April - Libraries at Level 3
- Wednesday 8 April - Library from Home - The Digital Library is open
- Tuesday 3 March - Big Bargain Book Sale, School holidays, Easter and more
- Tūranga opening - Friday 12 October 1pm (sent 28 September)
- August (Tūranga opening date)
- March (Book Sale)