Friends of the Library Ngā Hoahoa o Ngā Kete Wānanga-o-Ōtautahi
Friends of the Christchurch City Libraries support the libraries with advocacy and fund raising. Over the years their efforts have seen a range of useful things added to libraries such as digital cameras, iPods, wheelchairs and special book trolleys.
How to join
Complete the membership form, and either:
- Email email@example.com and pay by direct credit (bank account details on the form); or
- Pay by cash at one of the regular Book talk meetings held by the Friends.
Subscriptions are due 1 April each year. Please note: If you wish to attend the Library Book sale preview, then all new and existing subscriptions must be paid 14 days prior to the book sale.
$10 unwaged; $15 waged; and $20 family (Two adults and any number of children under the age of 18 years living at the same address)
Rewards for being a Friend of the Christchurch City Libraries:
- The good feeling that comes from knowing you are helping to spread the joy of reading and the love of books
- An opportunity to buy at library booksale previews
- Regular lunchtime speakers with popular introductions to a range of subjects or book talks by local authors
- A regular newsletter with information of coming events, library services, book notes and other interesting material. Read the October Newsletter 2022 [1 MB PDF]
Big Bargain Book Sale
Friends of the Library Booktalks
The Friend of the Library hosts monthly booktalks by local authors.