A family history and genealogy website covering the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United States, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Islands.
Access this at any of our libraries. Limited to four users at any one time.
The variety of records on Find My Past can help the family history buff as well as the social and local historian. This eResource includes:
- Birth, Marriage and Death records;
- Cemetery records;
- Probate, land and court records;
- Will indexes;
- Migration records;
- Criminal reports;
- Electoral rolls and censuses;
- Directories, almanacs and government gazettes;
- Military records;
- Social, biographical and historical information to provide background context.
- Some of the newspapers and periodicals mentioned in this eResource are not accessible through Find My Past. The content is available though through the British Newspaper Archive
Find My Past used to have three stand alone databases for Australia/NZ, Ireland and the United Kingdom. It merged in April 2014 into the one site with all the same information, but with a drop down box to allow users to select their area of interest.
In 2015 Find My Past merged with Origins, another family history resource to extend the amount of material it had on offer including the National Wills Index.
In addition to the millions of family history records on findmypast.com.au, you will also find the help and advice section which contains information on how to use the site and how to start researching your family history, as well as background information on the records.
Find My Past is available in all of Christchurch City Libraries’ community libraries. Unfortunately due to licensing restrictions you can not access this electronic resource from home.