Multidisciplinary resource containing peer reviewed, full-text articles from the world’s leading reference sources.
Academic OneFile is a source of peer-reviewed full-text scholarly content across the academic disciplines with millions of articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text. You can search in a variety of ways including:
- Basic search by keyword, subject or publication;
- Advanced search with numerous options to limit or expand your search;
- A subject guide search - this is best for searching a single topic and offers the ability to narrow that topic by subdivisions. It’s also helpful for discerning between words with different meanings (e.g.Mars – planet or chocolate company?);
- Publication search;
- Topic Finder — see topics that commonly occur in relation to your search term to expand your thinking and find hidden connections;
- Popular articles and popular trending topics is also a useful way to see what is of current interest in the World;
- Cross searchable with eBooks operating on our Gale Virtual Reference Library platform.
Academic OneFile’s journal content is complemented by premier monographs, major newspapers, audio material, including podcasts and the option of RSS feeds, images and video. This eResource is continually being updated with many new Australian and New Zealand journals being added. Articles can be translated into a variety of languages including Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Integration with Google and Microsoft
Gale Cengage has integrated this eResource with Google and Microsoft. At the top of each page there is an option to sign in. If you have an account for Google you can save Gale content as Google docs into Google Drive or Google Classroom accounts. If you have a Microsoft account you can store, sync and share downloaded Gale content to your OneDrive account and easily transfer downloaded OneDrive content for use in other Microsoft tools like OneNote and Classroom.