A Metrocard enables you to pay for bus travel in Christchurch. You can buy or top up a Metrocard at some of our libraries:
- Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre (available at the CCC service desk, Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm and 11.30 am-6pm weekends.)
- Linwood (available at the CCC Service Desk, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, and from library staff at other times during library opening hours)
- New Brighton
- Papanui (available at the CCC Service Desk, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday)
- Shirley (available at the CCC Service Desk, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday)
- Upper Riccarton
Replacements for lost or damaged cards are only available from the MetroInfo Counter at the Bus Interchange.
About the Metrocard
A card costs $5 and it can be topped up with minimum of $10 credit (or multiples of $10 such as $20, $30).
You must show ID to buy a card. Accepted identifications are:
- Driver's license
- Birth certificate
- Cando Card
- School identification with your name and date of birth on it.