Reference resources for reluctant readers, students with learning difficulties, adult literacy students or those who are learning English as a second language.
World Book Discover contains tools and content specifically for those who need help in reading and understanding concepts in English. These tools include:
- Easy–to–read articles on topics of interest that include reading comprehension questions;
- An uncluttered interface and useful activities;
- Automated translations into 30 languages;
- Text–to–speech feature that allows users to hear text read aloud;
- Individual accounts that allow users to save their research;
- A section on life skills that helps negotiate financial, health, and housing issues;
- World Book Explains: a video series that features experts answering questions on various topics.
The “My Research” button at the top right hand side of the Discover screen allows users to save and annotate their work in their own password based project folders. A “forgot my password” function is available to help users who have lost their passwords.