Christchurch Big Band Festival performances 1pm to 3pm
The Christchurch Big Band Festival will be putting jazz into the party on Saturday!
Alpha Bot demonstration 11am to 12noon, 2pm to 3pm
Swing by and interact with the incredible humanoid Alpha Bot! Get involved by following along as Alpha Bot displays its impressive range of dance and yoga moves.
Tūhuratanga | Discovery, Level 3.
Check it out on He Hononga | Connection, Ground Level and Auahatanga | Creativity, Level 4.
Family Makerspace 2.30pm to 4pm
Have a go from 2.30pm to 4pm on Hapori | Community, Level 1.
Lion in the Meadow activity zone
The Lion in the Meadow Activity Zone is our homage to Margaret Mahy and her first book ever published. We’ve created a place to read, relax and explore, with activities inspired by A Lion in the Meadow in celebration of its 50th birthday! Exhibition Space, Hapori | Community, Level 1
‘Just Dance’ on PlayStation screens
Get jiggy with it and play Just Dance on Hapori | Community, Level 1.
Have a play with the ‘face-in-the-hole’ photo boards, created from images in the libraries’ digital collection. Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2.
Faitauga Tusi: Samoan Storytimes session 1pm to 1.30pm
Faitauga Tusi: Samoan Storytimes session is on from 1pm to 1.30pm.Enjoy and learn stories, rhymes and action songs in Samoan. Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2.
Illuminate: Unearthing treasure from our collection exhibition
To celebrate our 160th birthday, Illuminate: Unearthing treasures from our collection exhibition goes deep into our vaults and brings you some of our favourite gems. Stunning, unexpected, extraordinary, curious - come and find your favourite! Te Pito Huarewa / Southbase Gallery, Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2.
The Green Connection Pod
The Green Lab, Tūranga, and All Right? invite you to come nourish your connections or enjoy contemplation completely surrounded by plants kanohi ki te kanohi, face to face. Bring a friend or share the space with someone new - try a conversation prompt to help you get started. The Green Connection Pod is on He Hononga | Connection, Ground floor, Tūranga.
View this post on Instagramopens a new window
Our #greenconnectionpod has arrived at Tūranga! Stop by for a #greenpodchat. . . . . A huge thanks to @allrightnz @christchurchlib @christchurchcc @timezoneone @plainandsimple.co.nz @cebelioplastics @naturalpaintco for their support of this projectopens a new window
Virtual Reality Experience 10am to 12noon, 3.30pm to 4.30pm
Give a Virtual Reality experience a go. 10am to 12noon, and 3.30pm to 4.30pm. Auahatanga | Creativity, Level 4
Here's a video of the virtual reality experience being set up:
You will also find:
- SCAPE Public Art: Touchstones workshop for kids (bookings required).
- The Re:ACTIVATE Exhibition.
- Collage making.
- A birthday card making table.
- Quiver interactive fishtank.
Subscribe to the Facebook event.
- The Discovery Wall at Tūranga has been used over 21 million individual times.
- More than 471,000 items have been issued.
- Over 9000 new members have joined at Tūranga.
- Most popular adult fiction: The Midnight Line by Lee Child.
- Most popular adult nonfiction: Becoming by Michelle Obama.
- Most popular YA book: Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve.
- Most popular children's book: 91-Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths.
- Most popular DVD: Bohemian Rhapsody.
- Happy 1st birthday Tūranga, and Kia ora to the million plus of you who have visited
- Christchurch's one in a million Tūranga celebrates first birthday Newsline, 10 October 2019
- Christchurch library Tūranga hits a million visitors in first year of opening Lee Kenny, Stuff, 10 October 2019