You can renew items by phone, in the library, or online using your library card and password/PIN. Renewing an item renews it for its original loan period. For pay collections such as bestsellers, CDs, DVDs, and talking books, the original loan charge to borrow the item will apply when renewing. For example, if you borrow a DVD for 7 days and are charged a fee, you need to pay the same fee again to have it renewed.
Items can be renewed once. If other customers are waiting, the item cannot be renewed.
To renew online:
- Go to Log In / My CCL from the website (top right)
- Click on Log in/Register (as shown in image above)
- Enter your library card number and password/PIN to log in (see image below)
- After logging in your username will appear at top right of the page.
- Click on your username to the see the My Account menu.
- Choose Checked Out under the MY BORROWING heading. Select any items you wish to renew and click Renew. A popup message will let you know if your renewal was successful.
Items obtained via interlibrary loan can be renewed in most cases. Please ring the library before your interlibrary loan is due back to arrange this. An interlibrary loan can be renewed only once.