- Switch on your laptop or mobile device (tablet, smartphone etc).
- Check the wireless network is enabled.
- Your device should detect the Christchurch City Libraries' wireless network.
- Open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, etc.).
- You should be automatically directed to our WiFi welcome page.
- You need to accept our terms and conditions before you proceed with using this service.
If your wireless connection is enabled but you have trouble connecting / viewing websites
- Check that no Proxy is set in the web browser (e.g. in Internet Explorer: Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN settings)
- Check that you do NOT have a fixed IP address i.e. DHCP enabled (network connections, properties)
- Refer to Troubleshooting Wireless Connection Issues at Christchurch City Libraries [653Kb PDF]