Use of the free public wireless internet (wifi) service in all our Libraries requires you to accept the following terms and conditions on the device you are using at the time:
Christchurch City Council Public Internet Service
Disclaimer (last updated: 12 September 2022)
Welcome to the Christchurch City Council (CCC) free public internet service (the service). Your use of the service will be governed by the terms set out below. It is important that users read and follow these terms. If you do not accept these terms, you may not use the service.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
By using this service you agree that:
- You are responsible for the safety, security, configuration of your equipment and data, including antivirus software.
- Your use of the service is at your own risk. CCC does not accept liability for any loss or damage to equipment and data or any other loss or damage you may suffer through your use of the service. If CCC is liable to you for any reason, our liability will not exceed $10 for any event or series of related events, and $100 in aggregate. However, nothing in these terms limit your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (CGA) or the Fair Trading Act 1986 (FTA). But if you are using the service in trade (as defined in the CGA) then you agree that the provisions of the CGA and sections 9, 12A, 13 and 14(1) of the FTA do not apply to the provision of the service to you.
- You will indemnify us against any loss or damage CCC may suffer in connection with your use of the service in breach of these terms.
- You are responsible for the privacy or security of your activities. CCC urges caution when undertaking financial transactions online.
- You will only use the service for lawful purposes and in compliance with all applicable law.
- You will use the service without interfering with anyone else's use of the service.
- Your agreement with CCC (agreement) commences when you connect to the service and terminates when you disconnect from the service. If you reconnect at a later date or time, this will create a new agreement with CCC.
You also understand and agree that:
- CCC does not guarantee the security of the service (and that you use the service at your own risk), that the service will be compatible with your equipment, or that the service will be available at all times, uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components.
- CCC has no control over the information transmitted via the service and CCC will not be responsible in relation to the same.
- The service provides a level of web content filtering to exclude racist, violent, indecent or other offensive content, but CCC accepts no liability for any data or content
- You will not use the Service to advertise, solicit, transmit, store, post, display, or otherwise make available obscene or indecent images or other materials. We will notify and fully cooperate with law enforcement if we becomes aware of any use of the Service in any connection with any illegal activity, such as the solicitation of sex with minors or any materials that include indecent behaviour with minors.
- The service is monitored with a secure log of all use, including websites visited. These logs may be seen by a third party Security Provider.
- We may collect personal information about you in connection with your use of the service such as Internet Protocol address and websites visited. You acknowledge that we may use and disclose such information to help us improve the service, to communicate with you, to protect our rights and enforce these terms, and for any other related purpose. CCC will otherwise comply with CCC's privacy statement.
- CCC may block, suspended, or terminate access to the service at any time for any reason including, but not limited to: violation of this agreement, actions that may lead to liability for CCC or damage to CCC's reputation, disruption of access to other users or networks, and violation of applicable laws or regulations.
- You may terminate this agreement at any time by disconnecting from the service.
- Each session is governed by the terms that apply when the user connects to the service.
- CCC may revise these terms at any time. Any amendments to these terms will not apply to any existing connections to the service. You must accept the current terms each time you connect to and use the service. It is your responsibility to review these terms for changes.
- Digital Technology in Libraries Policy
- Customer code of conduct
- Christchurch City Libraries offers internet access in alignment with its Content Development Policy