*Age range/restrictions - Please make sure your child meets the age range/restrictions for the programme. Bookings received that do not meet these restrictions will be cancelled and refunded.
Consent Form (required) - We require an online consent form to be completed for every child attending our programming. We only require one form per child per calendar year. Please complete your required Consent Form or follow the link during the booking process.
Cancellations/refunds - Cancellations are available at any time. Refunds are only available if requested 48 hours prior to the event commencing.
Sold Out? - Join Waitlist
Some programmes have a limited waitlist. To check if waitlist places are still available, click the "Book online link".
More school holiday info
- Browse the KidsFest website for all events and activities.
- Discover library school holiday programmes and activities.
- Find more ideas for holiday events and activities.
Conditions for bookable holiday programmes
Note: A Consent Form is required to be completed by the child and a parent/caregiver for all after school and holiday programmes. Please ensure this is completed when you call in to pay the course fees or drop your child off for the programme.
- Payment is required 48 hours prior to the start of the programme – if payment is not made prior to this, the Learning Centre reserves the right to cancel your booking.
- Please pay at the library where the programme is held or by credit card over the phone to the Fingertip Library, (03) 941 7923.,
- A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is requested for cancellations. After this time the programme cost in non-refundable.
- A Consent Form is required to be completed by the child and a parent/caregiver. Please ensure this is completed when you call in to pay the course fees or drop your child off for the programme.
- Drop off and pick up times are 10 minutes prior to the advertised programme times. We are not responsible for your children outside of these hours.
- If your child is absent or running late, please telephone us.
- Please do not bring along an unwell child to the programme.
- You are obliged to inform us at registration if your child has medical or behavioural conditions. Your child will not be excluded, but we require accurate information.
- Children outside the recommended age range will not be placed on the course.
- Children may be enrolled in two programmes only. If you would like to enrol your child in more than two programmes he/she will be placed on a waitlist and notified closer to the start date as to whether or not there is place available.
More KidsFest fun
Check out the KidsFest website for games, puzzles and downloads.
All about KidsFest
KidsFest is New Zealand’s biggest annual children’s festival. It is aimed at kids up to the age of 12. Christchurch City Libraries supports KidsFest by hosting a range of events for kids — from special storytimes sessions to writers’ workshops and treasure hunts — at our libraries and learning centres.
KidsFest took place for the first time in 1992, beginning as an idea from the then Mayor, Vicki Buck.