Interactive learning resource developed by early childhood education experts for preschoolers and children in early primary school.
This site consists of six interactive learning environments:
- Read- Reading practice for early readers.
- Know it - interactive encyclopedia that will captivate early learners.
- Play - Games for fun and to help reading comprehension.
- Watch - Video collection covering educational topics.
- Print & Do - Activities to print or to download.
- Classics - Nursery Rhymes, songs and classic stories.
Among literacy-building features included in Early World of Learning are:
- Story narration by human voices of different genders and ethnicities;
- Word-by-word highlighting to foster development of literacy skills;
- Educational, interactive games to reinforce comprehension;
- Printable activities in English for use in the classroom or to take home;
- Classic children's stories, nursery rhymes, and songs, which can be downloaded to an MP3 player for children who may not be read to at home, or who would like extra reading tim