We will email you 3 days before an item is due, and:
- We will send you an email or letter 7 and 21 days after an item becomes overdue
- We will send you an email or letter 7 days after a bill of $2 or more is owed in charges
- If we have your cellphone number, we will text you 14 days after a bill is created if the amount owing reaches a certain level
- We will post you an invoice 21 days after a bill is created, if the amount owing is $20 or more
- Any outstanding bills will be sent to debt collection 35 days after a bill is created, and if the amount owing is over $25. At this time, the cost of sending the bill to debt collection will be added to the bill.
A blocked or barred card means you won’t be able to borrow items, place holds, or use eResources. It will be blocked until the overdue items are returned and any charges are paid.
Your library card will be blocked if:
- Items are 28 days or more overdue
- $30 or more is owed in unpaid charges
- Any unpaid charges are owed for 21 days or longer.
If you have any queries about any unpaid bills, please phone the library at 941-7923.