Christchurch City Libraries blog hosts a series of regular podcasts from specialist human rights radio show Speak up - Kōrerotia. This show is created by Sally Carlton.
If food waste were a country, it would be the third-biggest greenhouse gas emitter after China and the United States. Added to this immense environmental impact is the social impact: How much food is thrown away that could be eaten?
Join our guests as they share statistics and information about the various ways in which they work to repurpose food waste and save it from landfill.
- Jenny Marshall, Love Food Hate Waste
- Amanda Chapman, Amanda in Waste-Free Land
- Torie Madison, Revival Food Company
- John Milligan, City Harvest Food Rescue organisation
- Trudy Burrows, New Brighton community fridge and pantry
Find out more in our collection
- Find titles on food conservation
- Find titles on cooking leftovers
- Find titles on food waste prevention
- Find articles about reducing food waste (access with your library card & password / PIN)