Lynda.com is upgrading to the new LinkedIn Learning for Libraries platform on Monday 15 February 2021. Before the transfer date, you will see a countdown message (see below) at the top of your screen when you log in to Lynda.com.
Why is the change happening?
LinkedIn acquired Lynda.com in 2015, and has slowly been transitioning the service and its feature to their own platform and brand.
What changes can I expect?
- All of your favourite courses are still available.
- Users now have access to a library of over 16,000 courses in 7 different languages (English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Mandarin, and Portuguese).
- An updated, easier to use interface
- Your course history will move with you, it is tied to your library card.
- If you get a new library card your history from your old card won't be available when you login with your new card.
Do I need to have a LinkedIn account to use LinkedIn Learning for Libraries?
- No, patrons only need a library card number and PIN to access content.
For more information check out these FAQs from LinkedIn Learning