We are collecting photos for the Talanoa I Measina – Sharing our Stories exhibition. All photos are due in before Friday 31 January 2020.
We are on a hunt for photos of our Pasifika community here in Christchurch. We would like to collect as many photographs as possible so we can include them in the Christchurch City Libraries collection and use them to create the exhibition Talanoa I Measina – Sharing Our Stories. The exhibition will be on show in Tūranga from 9 May to 9 August 2020. If you have any photographs (new and old) of your family, friends, celebrations, social gatherings, sport events etc., we would love to include them in the exhibition and our digital collection.
We welcome submissions of photographs (colour and B&W), slides and negatives, and framed photographs. These will be returned to you after digitization. We also welcome digital images in the highest possible resolution. Please contact us at ExhibitionSpaces@ccc.govt.nz to arrange transfer of digital images. If you have any video material, please contact us at ExhibitionSpaces@ccc.govt.nz
Submit your images
How to contribute
1. Please complete the form with your full name, contact phone number, postal address and email.
2. Please read the Photo Hunt terms and conditions and then sign and date your form.
3. Place your entry form/s and photograph/s into an envelope addressed to “EXHIBITIONS TEAM, TŪRANGA” and drop it at your local library before Friday 31 January 2020. Ensure that you write your name and contact details (phone or email) on the reverse of the envelope and hand to a librarian.
4. If you are contributing digital images, you can send us your signed entry form/s via email ExhibitionSpaces@ccc.govt.nz
Your photographs will be delivered to the Digital Content Team at Christchurch City Libraries where they will be scanned. You will be contacted when your photos are ready to collect from the library of your choice. Please indicate which library this is in the ‘Library for return’ space on the entry form. Copies of all photographs may be displayed as a part of Talanoa I Measina exhibition, in Christchurch City Libraries, uploaded to discoverywall.nz and Christchurch City Libraries websites.
Talanoa I Measina Photo Hunt Terms and Conditions
- Multiple entries are permitted. Each image must be accompanied by a separate entry form.
- Copies of the photograph entries may also be displayed in the library and on the Christchurch City Libraries websites.
- Photos will be transferred to discoverywall.nz and Christchurch City Libraries websites for display.
- Entering the photo hunt gives permission for photos to be published under the license Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0, International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0).
- Entries that do not have full contact details on entry forms will not be considered.
- All entrants consent to their names and images being used for reasonable publicity purposes by Christchurch City Libraries.
- Christchurch City Libraries will not be responsible for any breaches of copyright or privacy that may occur.
- Christchurch City Libraries reserve the right not to display all entries.