An index to selected articles, obituaries and reviews published in The Press, Christchurch Mail, Christchurch Star, Star Midweek and Star Weekender.
- This index is compiled by Christchurch City Libraries.
- Indexed material was published in the urban edition of The Press from 2 January 1995 to 31 December 2022, the Christchurch Star from 14 October 1998 to 9 September 2005, The Star Midweek and The Star Weekender are indexed from 14 September 2005, The Star from 25th February 2016 and the Christchurch Mail is indexed from January 2012.
- Obituaries and reviews are indexed from both The Press and The Star newspapers.
- The Star Community newspapers, published every Monday, are not indexed.
- Search tips available under Keyword, Author, Title, Subject on catalogue landing page.
- From January 2002, articles in The Star newspapers are indexed only if coverage does not also appear in The Press; the exceptions are obituaries and reviews which are indexed from both.
- An index to The Press for the period 1861-1994 is available on microfiche on Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2, Tūranga. An index to The Lyttelton Times for the period 1850-1860 is also available on microfiche.
- Find out more about accessing New Zealand historical newspapers at Christchurch City Libraries.
- NewsBank contains image editions of six major New Zealand papers including The New Zealand Herald, The Press, The Dominion Post, Sunday Star Times, Waikato Times, and The Otago Daily Times.
Please note: Most local newspapers (including The Press, Christchurch Star) from the first issues, through to the present day, are available on microfilm on Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2, Tūranga.