The Summertime Reading Challenge runs from Saturday 1 December 2018 to Thursday 28 February 2019.
See spot prize winners.
How to enter
There is also a Facebook competition for ages 13 plus.
Summertime Reading Challenge Ages 0 to 13
Summertime Reading Challenge Ages 13 +
You can win spot prizes during the Summertime Reading Challenge! Monday 14 January: Congratulations to Luca (7 years) and Olivia (8 years) who have each won a copy of Aotearoa by Gavin Bishop, signed by the author.
Want some ideas for your Summertime Reading Challenge? Try these!
- Best of 2018
- Best books for kids and teens
- Librarians select their top reads/watches/listens
- Library customers pick their favourites of 2018
- Best booklists of 2018 from New Zealand and around the world
Who can enter?
There are two separate competition categories running during this time that you may be eligible to enter.
- Children aged between 0 and 13 years of age inclusive.
- 13+ years of age inclusive.
What if you have parents who work for Christchurch City Council?
That is fine, the children of Council employees can still enter the competition.
Do I need to have a library card?
No. You do not need to be a member of Christchurch City Libraries to be eligible to enter.
Where can I get a postcard entry form?
You can pick up a postcard from any Christchurch City Library, cut one out of the latest edition of Huraina, download a copy or simply fill in the online entry form for kids or adults to be in the draw!
How do I enter for the prize draw?
You can enter when you have had an adult tick, sticker or stamp that you have had 5 reading experiences from the options listed on the challenge sheet. Once you have completed this – take your entry form in to any Christchurch City Libraries and hand to a staff member to be in the draw to win.
How many entries in the prize draw am I allowed?
You may enter as many times as you like.
What are the prizes?
The prizes are being gathered as we type! And will include movie passes, book vouchers, and other Christchurch experiences for you and your family to enjoy over the summer.
When will the winners be drawn?
The winners will be randomly drawn and announced on our website and Facebook page in the week following the close of both competitions.
What if I have more questions?
Contact us and we can answer your questions.
My child is too young to complete the reading experiences on their own – how am I still able to enter?
The emphasis this year is on encouraging shared family experiences – your preschoolers will obviously be having these experiences alongside an adult. Have fun together as you celebrate the joy of reading!
Terms and conditions
- The Summertime Reading Challenge is running in two age categories this year:
1. Children aged between 0 and 13 years of age inclusive.
2. 13+ years of age inclusive.
- The competition is open between 1 December 2018 and 28 February 2019.
- Entries must be returned to any one of the Christchurch City Libraries, or submitted via online entry form by 5pm on Thursday 28 February 2019.
- Prizes will be advised and will include Christchurch experiences for the family to enjoy over summer. Winners will be drawn at random and announced on our website and Facebook page in the week following the close of both competitions.
- Prize allocation is at the discretion of the Christchurch City Council. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must have all correct contact details and at least 5 challenges stamped, stickered or ticked to be in the draw.
Postcards and posters