Our annual Summertime Reading Club programme is for kids between 0 and 16 years old inclusive. The competition ran between 9am 18 December 2015 and 5pm 18 January 2016. The Summertime Reading Club challenge was to read for as many minutes as you could throughout the summer.
See the list of winners.
The reading adventure map features a calendar that runs from 18 December to 18 January, with a box for each day where you can record how long you have spent reading. You might read for as much as 100 minutes or as little as 5 minutes. However long you read for just record it in the box. Your reading time can include reading independently, being read to or reading to others.
You can pick up the reading adventure map from your local library. Keep track of your reading time throughout the competition, then take your completed map into Christchurch City Libraries after Monday 18 January.
There are some awesome prizes up for grabs this year, including iPads, books, pool passes and movie passes. All you have to do to get in the draw is bring your completed reading adventure map into the library. This competition has closed.
Who can enter?
Children who are residents of Christchurch City, Selwyn, Hurunui or Waimakariri Districts aged between 0 and 16 years of age inclusive. You will need to have a Christchurch City Libraries card to enter the prize draws.
What if you have parents who work for Christchurch City Council?
That is fine, the children of Council employees can still enter the competition.
Do I need to have a library card?
Yes, you need a library card to enter the prize draw. But if you don't have one, you can join for free at any of our libraries.
Where can I get a reading adventure map?
You can pick up a reading adventure map from any Christchurch City Library.
How do I enter for the prize draw?
You can enter whether you have read for 5 minutes or 5000 minutes. Bring your completed reading adventure map into the library and give to any Christchurch City Libraries staff member and they will enter you in the prize draw (if you have a Christchurch City Libraries card).
How many entries in the prize draw am I allowed?
Every child gets one entry.
What are the prizes?
There are prizes for each of the three age categories:
- Age 0-6: Main prize of an iPad, runners-up prizes of books.
- Age 7-12: Main prize of an iPad, runners-up prizes of pool passes.
- Age 13-16: Main prize of an iPad, runners-up prizes of movie passes.
When will the winners be drawn?
The winners will be randomly drawn on Friday 29 January 2016
Will you come and talk to my school about the competition?
If we can arrange it - yes - we would love to come and tell you all about the competition. Contact us and we will try to help.
What if I have more questions?
Contact us and we can answer your questions.
Terms and conditions
- You must be a resident of Christchurch City, Selwyn, Hurunui or Waimakariri Districts aged between 0 and 16 years of age inclusive to enter. You must also have a Christchurch City Libraries card to enter the prize draws.
- Entries open 9am Monday 18 December 2015.
- Entries close 5pm Monday 18 January 2016.
- The winners will be randomly drawn on Friday 29 January 2016
- We will notify winners by telephone and/or email.
- Employees of Christchurch City Council are not eligible to enter the prize draw. Their immediate families are allowed to enter.
- If you are a winner, you consent to your name, photograph, entry and/or interview being used for reasonable publicity purposes by Christchurch City Libraries.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be chosen by random draw from the submitted entries.
- Prize are as stated and are not transferable.
- Contact us for any enquiries regarding the competition.