Music lovers, take note!
The New Zealand Symphony Orchestra's 2018 season continues next month with a concert featuring works by Mozart and Mahler on Wednesday 11 April at Horncastle Arena.
International piano duo Christina and Michelle Naughton will perform Mozart’s Concerto for Two Pianos. The other piece performed for this concert will be Gustav Mahler’s Fifth Symphony. Composed in 1901, the beautiful Adagietto 4th movement is probably the most recognisable of Mahler’s compositions and has been played at significant events in history, including the funeral of Robert Kennedy. With its haunting strings and harp, it is Mahler’s love song to his wife, Alma.
We have 2 double passes to give away to library members. All you need to do is name the video eResource where you can find a 2004 performance of Gustav Mahler’s Symphony No. 5 (the answer is in this blog post) and fill out the competition entry form below. Entries close at 5pm on Tuesday, 3 April and winners will be announced on Wednesday 4 April.
Find out more
- Mozart's Concerto for Two Pianos in E flat major, K. 365 Find recordings of
- Find recordings of Mahler's Symphony No. 5 in C sharp minor
- Find recordings by Christina and Michelle Naughton
- About NZSO's Mozart & Mahler concert
- Buy tickets to Mozart & Mahler