Conditions of membership in Te Reo Māori / Ngā Here o te Noho Mema (as at 1 September 2015)
Conditions of membership in Simplified Chinese / 会员条件 (as at 1 September 2015)
Conditions of membership in Samoan / Aiaiga mo Sui Auai (as at 1 September 2015)
Conditions of membership as at 1 September 2015
- You are responsible for items borrowed with your card. This includes any items borrowed by other people using the card.
- Most items can be borrowed for 28 days. Beyond that, overdue fines will be payable when the item is returned.
- You will be unable to borrow if you:
a. do not return items within 27 days of their due date;
b. have total unpaid fines or debts exceeding the maximum amount permitted to be owed (as displayed on the library website);
c. have unpaid fines or debts that have been outstanding for more than 48 days;
d. are responsible for a child (under the age of 16 years) whose account has been referred to a Debt Collection Agency for unpaid fines, charges or lost items.
- You must notify Christchurch City Libraries immediately your card is lost or stolen. You are responsible for items borrowed with the card up until the time of notification.
- To apply for Membership you must supply the following forms of identification:
a. proof of identity (passport or two other forms of identification, one preferably being a photo ID);
b. proof of address (power account, telephone account, or bank statement no more than 30 days old).
- If you are under 16 years of age at the time of joining, a parent or legal guardian must co-sign your Application for Membership. Any communication regarding your membership will be with
your parent or legal guardian who, by signing your Application, agrees to be responsible for the use of your card, including any outstanding fines and debts incurred by you.
- Christchurch City Libraries is not responsible for the choice of items borrowed with your card.
- These Conditions of Membership may change. The revised Conditions will be displayed on this page. You are deemed to have received notice of such changes and agree to be bound by the amended Conditions whilst you are a member.
- If an outstanding amount on your Library Account, or on the Library Account of a child you are responsible for, is referred to a Debt Collection Agency, you will be liable for any collection costs incurred to recover the amount owing.
10. By completing an Application for Membership you are providing personal information to Christchurch City Libraries (a unit of the Christchurch City Council). You agree that Christchurch City Libraries may use that information for the purpose of:
a. managing your membership, including maintaining your records, advising you of overdue items, recovering outstanding fines and debts, advising you of library services and events and contacting your nominated contact person;
b. if you are under 16 years of age, discussing with your parent or legal guardian any matters arising from your membership of Christchurch City Libraries.
11. The information may be given to appropriate Council staff and/or a credit agency in the event of Christchurch City Libraries deciding to take action against you for the recovery of outstanding fines and debts. A debt recovery fee may apply.
12. You agree that you may be contacted by post, email and telephone (including automated telephone messages and text messages) and that Christchurch City Libraries will not be responsible for third parties accessing any mail, email or telephone messages sent to you.
13. Personal information about you will be held by Christchurch City Libraries. You may have access to that information and request changes to it.
14. You are not required by law to provide personal information. However, if you do not supply the information requested on the Application for Membership, then Christchurch City Libraries may be unable to process your application
View the Membership Brochure [2.4MB PDF].