Sending Love is an initiative encouraging people to write a Christmas card to elderly people who might be lonely this Christmas. It's a nice way to spread aroha in the community.
Sending love has tips on writing your card:
- Make sure your card is filled with love.
- Make it as creative as you can.
- Ensure it has a legible message. (if kids are writing scribbles, write what they say in brackets)
- Keep your envelope unsealed to give the rest homes discretion to check cards if they choose.
- Try to avoid religious quotes - your recipient may not be religious.
- Just be you!
Some of our libraries are helping out by having boxes for customers to drop off Christmas cards. Pop your card in before Thursday 14 December. You can drop your card/s off here:
Central Library Peterborough
- Find out more about Sending Love.
- Join the Facebook group.
- More dropbox locations in Christchurch.
New drop box at the Upper Riccarton library in Christchurch! 🙂
Posted by Luisa Beck on Tuesday, November 28, 2017