Christchurch City Libraries blog hosts a series of regular podcasts from New Zealand's only specialist human rights radio show Speak up - Kōrerotia. This show is created by Sally Carlton.
This episode, 'Exposing human rights through (citizen) media' discusses topics as wide-ranging as satellite technology, the Arab Spring and the struggle for independence in West Papua.
Guests: Steven Livingston (The George Washington University, The Brookings Institution and Carr Center for Human Rights Policy), David Robie (Pacific Media Centre at Auckland University of Technology) and undercover journalist Jaya Mangalam Gibson (Quad Cowork etc)
Find out more in our collection
- Find titles about Amnesty International
- Find articles about citizen media and human rights (access with your library card & password / PIN)
- Find articles about West Papuan independence (access with your library card & password / PIN)
- Find articles about enforced organ harvesting in China (access with your library card & password / PIN)
More about Speak up - Kōrerotia
- Speak up - Kōrerotia on Facebook
- Contact the host of the show via firstname.lastname@example.org.