The Halswell Library closed its doors on Saturday 3 October 2015 at 1pm. Preparations continue for the opening of the library at Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre, located at 341 Halswell Road. The new centre is scheduled to open in late November 2015.
During the period of closure, the closest alternative libraries include:
- Upper Riccarton Library, 71 Main South Road (all holds will be sent here, unless you specify otherwise)
- Hornby Library, Goulding Avenue
- South Library, 66 Colombo Street
- Spreydon Library, 266 Barrington Street
Customers will still be able to return items to the after-hours slot at the current Halswell Library after the closure, until the library at Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre opens.
Babytimes will take place at St Mary’s Church, 329 Halswell Road at 11am on the following dates while the current Halswell library is closed.
- Wednesday 14 October
- Wednesday 21 October
- Wednesday 28 October
- Wednesday 4 November
- Wednesday 11 November
We apologise for any inconvenience during the period of closure and we look forward to welcoming you to our new facility Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre, 341 Halswell Road.
- Our page on Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre
- Latest news and information
- Latest images of Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre