Christchurch City Libraries blog hosts a series of regular podcasts from New Zealand's only specialist human rights radio show Speak up - Kōrerotia. This show is created by Sally Carlton.
This episode discusses issues around access to bathroom and toilet facilities such as -
- bathrooms for transgender people, people with health conditions and people with restrictions placed on their bathroom usage by their workplaces
- social and health consequences of not being able to access bathrooms
- safety issues
The panel for this show includes host Sally Carlton, Brian Poole (Crohn's & Colitis New Zealand), Olivia Clark (University of Canterbury Law graduate), Anne Nicholson (Qtopia) and Lisel O'Dwyer (Flinders University in Adelaide).
Websites mentioned in the show
- Crohn's & Colitis New Zealand and their online toilet map
- Workers' right to access bathrooms (Wikipedia)
Find out more in our collection
- Find titles about Irritable Bowel Disease
- Find titles about Crohn's Disease
- Find titles about Transgender people
- Watch streaming video about Irritable Bowel Disease (access with your library card & password / PIN)
- Find articles and video about bathroom access (access with your library card & password / PIN)
- Find articles about bathroom laws (access with your library card & password / PIN)