Tālofa. Samoan Language Week 2015 will take place from 24 to 30 May. Here at Christchurch City Libraries we are celebrating with several events.
Storytimes in Samoan
- Monday 25 May Upper Riccarton Library, 9.30am
- Tuesday 26 May Fendalton Library, 10.30am
- Wednesday 27 May Hornby Library, 10.15am
- Thursday 28 May South Library, 10am; Aranui Library, 11.15am
- Friday 29 May Parklands Library, 10.30am
Koko and computers
Thursday 28 May South Library 1 to 2.30pm
Take part in a free computer (and cocoa) session. E mana'omia lo outou susū mai tatou fa'ailoga fa'atasi le Gagana Samoa ma fa'ata'ita'i le fa'aaogaina o le Komeputa. E a'o'aoina ai le su'eina o tala fou, musika ma nisi mea aoga mai Samoa i luga le upega tafa'ilagi (internet).
Samoan language resources
Find more information about Samoan Language Week and Samoan language resources on:
- Our Samoan Language Week webpage, which includes videos and sound recordings
- the Samoan Language Week Facebook page
- the Human Rights Commission website