This morning I took some photos of familiar places, of my old neighbourhood. To see what things look like now.
I used to buy bagels and fruit and vege from here. Here's what it looked like early on 4 September 2010.
Here's what it looks like now.
Victoria Street, Christchurch. Friday 4 September 2015. Flickr 2015-09-04-IMG_9102
Knox Church was looking poorly on 4 September 2010.
And now, all new and fresh.
Knox Church. Christchurch. Friday 4 September 2015. Flickr 2015-09-04-IMG_9109
The Central Library on Gloucester Street, soon after the quake.
WiFi users outside the Central Library Even though the library is closed due to the earthquake customers are still happy using the free Wi Fi, 7 September 2010. Flickr CCL-CE-2010-09-07-DSC01928
And the same spot now.
Central Library site. Christchurch. Friday 4 September 2015. Flickr 2015-09-04-IMG_9162
The Press has done some Then and Now features:
And the CEISMIC crew have revisited five key sites, five years later.
More photos and stories:
- Kete Christchurch earthquake images
- See more images in our Flickr set After the earthquake
- 4 September 2010 DigitalNZ set
- UC CEISMIC Earthquake Digital Archive
Our blog posts looking back:
- That was then, but this is now: 4 September 2010 / 4 September 2014
- 4 September 2014: Four years ago: 4 September 2010
- 4 September 2013: Looking back at 4 September 2010
- 4 September 2012: We woke up. 4.35am
- 4 September 2011: We are history – How earthquakes have connected us with the past and future