The library website contains unique content about Christchurch and Canterbury. This page offers a brief guide to our online offerings.
You can use the main headings on our homepage to browse your way around the site, or use the search box at the top of the page.
- Read our latest Edition
- Catch this month’s theme
- Subscribe to our regular email newsletters
- Browse our RSS feeds
- Read our monthly New titles
Content on our website includes:
- Ballantynes’ Fire
- Parker–Hulme murder case
- The Burke manuscript
- Tī Kōuka Whenua Māori history in Ōtautahi
- Christchurch people and places
- Early Christchurch images
- Christchurch street and place names
- Historical maps
- Christchurch rock music posters from the 1980s
Discover more digitised resources.
- Visit our eResources for fun games and animated stories for children, study guides for teens, encyclopædias and dictionaries, resources for family research, online newspapers, music, video, and audiobooks available to library members.
You can make booklists, rate books, write reviews, and share your opinions on our social catalogue.
Our websites and social media
- CINCH community directory for greater Christchurch
- Flickr photostream
For more help, contact our helpful librarians.